ATHE Level 5 Diploma in travel and Tourism Management
The Level 5 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism has been advanced for learners to develop specialist knowledge in areas of Resort Management and Tour Operations to acquire the core knowledge and competencies required of a manager in the Tourism industry.
- The Diploma is 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Graded ‘Achieved’ or ‘Not achieved’
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
There are two different sets of qualifications. If you study the 60-credit diploma then you must study all 3 mandatory units and select 1 optional unit. The 30-credit Certificate includes to study the unit “The Travel and Tourism Sector” plus one of the other two mandatory units.
- Travel and Tourism Organisations in a Global Context
- Managing Communication
- People Management
- The Management of Visitor Attractions
- Passenger Transport Operations
- Tourist Destinations
- Tour Operations Management
- Resort Management
- Finance and Funding in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Special Interest Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Learners who possess study in tourism, management or related subjects at level 4 or above
- other equivalent international qualifications
After the completion of the level 5 Diploma one will be eligible to apply for the second year of a bachelor degree as well as ready to go straight into employment, with practical skills and knowledge.