MSc in Accounting and Finance (Top-Up)
This MSc in Accounting and Finance gives you a chance to use your prior qualifications and top it up to an MSc award. It will also help you to have a strategic viewpoint on management and organisational change. This is a one-year program. After completing this one-year programme, you will have acquired a profound understanding of the various accounting and finance techniques and theories, and a significant improvement in your skills and competencies in key management areas. This will undoubtedly improve your prospects of scaling the heights of the career ladder. This program also gives you an opportunity to attend a five day dissertation workshop in London School of Marketing in Central London which will allow you to work along with other students and a chance to ask any questions to the lecturer. Additionally, you will have access to all our online resources and tutorial support. The program is delivered by our dedicated partner London School of Marketing.
About University of Northampton
For more details please visit: http://www.londonschoolofmarketing.com/university-of-northampton
This MSc in Accounting and Finance is aimed at giving an opportunity to AIA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia or ACA graduates to develop their skills further. Our learning programme will give you an opportunity to study while balancing your work and home commitments. The structure of the program and the learning materials provided will help you study at your convenience while engaging with your peers.
- Extended Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- OTHM level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Course materials that incorporate organised and well-structured lecture notes, practical applications with real-world examples, contextual analyses and the case study that test you to apply the individual’s in-depth knowledge.
- Online learning platform that support access to assessment materials.
- Access to LS Online community to be in contact and share information with the course mates.
- A well established and extensive e- library that provides study texts and reference books with e-reading facility.
- Documents like Mintel market reports, financial analysis and information regarding company.
- Provide support for revision with the help of two digital publications. In addition, you will also receive the following:
- A dedicated mentor for each student to give thorough help throughout the course with the help of our learning platform.
- Online webinars that help for assignment and exam workshops.
- Supervision for all modules.
Multiplatform accessibility is the main attraction of our learning platform. SBL also facilitates the option of sending the lecture notes to your electronic devices like laptops, mobile phones which enables the students to study when and where necessary.
This programme consists of a taught module 'Critical Issues in Accounting' and an "Accounting and Finance Research Project" all facilitated within a modern eLearning environment. Students are required to submit coursework and write a dissertation or project report of approximately 12,000 words.
Module Aims: Critical Issues in Accounting
- To develop a critical understanding of thematic nature of the study of organisations and the accounting and finance environment.
- To enable participants to critically evaluate the tasks and responsibilities of accounting and finance professionals from an integration perspective through the introduction of contemporary and pervasive issues. Module Aims: Accounting and Finance Research Project
- To provide the student with the opportunity to acquire a grounding in taught postgraduate level (level 7) approaches to research, and related research skills.
- To provide the student with the opportunity to carry out a sustained, independent research project, involving an individual piece of conceptual, applied or work-related research, culminating in the writing of a dissertation or project report of approximately 12,000 words.
We are committed to providing excellent learning opportunities for learners to improve their study experience. Thus, SBL with our partners London School of Marketing provides a number of face to face workshops in addition to the regular tutor support provided by our tutors. The workshops are optional for the students to attend. We aim to enhance the student’s comprehension of research, methodology and other important study skills with the workshops and we try to make these workshops as communicating as possible by providing discussion groups, interactive activities and presentations. Furthermore, you will be provided with abundantly of opportunities to interact with fellow learners.