MA in Human Resource Management (Top-Up)
This Masters programme is aimed at developing the proficiency attained through professional qualifications and to improve the ability to think strategically on management and organisational change. In addition, the programme is aimed at further developing your specialist knowledge. The 'Research Methods and Dissertation' module included in the programme gives an introduction to research, types of research methodology, formulating and planning a research project, data collection, and analysis and presentation of research findings. This programme also gives you an opportunity to attend a five day workshop in School of Marketing London, which will give you a chance to interact with other students and ask questions to the tutors which will enhance your skills further. Furthermore, you are provided with access to all our online resources and tutorial support.The program is delivered by our dedicated partner London School of Marketing.
About University of Northampton
For more details please visit: http://www.londonschoolofmarketing.com/university-of-northampton
The MA in Human Resource Management Top Up degree has been designed specifically for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) graduates. It is aimed at providing continuous professional development for human resource practitioners.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Postgraduate Diploma AND
- A good command of English (equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above); OR
- The EduQual Diploma in Business Management (Human Resource Management - SCQF, Level 11) qualification OR
- OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Human Resources Management
- Course materials that incorporate organised and well-structured lecture notes, practical applications with real-world examples, contextual analyses and the case study that test you to apply the individual’s in-depth knowledge.
- Online learning platform that support access to assessment materials.
- Access to LS Online community to be in contact and share information with the course mates.
- A well established and extensive e- library that provides study texts and reference books with e-reading facility.
- Documents like Mintel market reports, financial analysis and information regarding company.
- Provide support for revision with the help of two digital publications. In addition, you will also receive the following:
- A dedicated mentor for each student to give thorough help throughout the course with the help of our learning platform.
- Online webinars that help for assignment and exam workshops.
- Supervision for all modules.
Multiplatform accessibility is the main attraction of our learning platform. SBL also facilitates the option of sending the lecture notes to your electronic devices like laptops, mobile phones which enables the students to study when and where necessary.
You will undergo the "Dissertation and Research Methods" module through this Top Up programme. Students are required submit their dissertation along with the research proposal. This proposal needs to be approved by the supervisor. The Research Proposal Students will be required to submit a research proposal which outlines the research objectives and how to achieve them. Once the proposal has been submitted, feedback will be provided by the supervisor. He/she will then discuss what changes and refinements – if any – are required. Supervisors guide students through the minefield of research, and to act as a mentor and source of support. The Dissertation The dissertation provides the opportunity to investigate and diagnose a factual human resource issue or problem, to collect and analyse relevant data, to derive supportable conclusions, and make recommendations for change and improvement. The dissertation can adopt either a theoretical or an empirical perspective.
We are committed to providing excellent learning opportunities for learners to improve their study experience. Thus, SBL with our partners London School of Marketing provides a number of face to face workshops in addition to the regular tutor support provided by our tutors. The workshops are optional for the students to attend. We aim to enhance the student’s comprehension of research, methodology and other important study skills with the workshops and we try to make these workshops as communicating as possible by providing discussion groups, interactive activities and presentations. Furthermore, you will be provided with abundantly of opportunities to interact with fellow learners.